Report D.H.C

Report Disability Hate Crime

If you’ve been the victim of a disability hate crime, you can report it to BuDS and we will help and support you. As a charity of disabled people, we’ll understand, appreciate and sympathise. If you want to go to the police or anyone else with a complaint, we’ll be with you. If you want to remain anonymous but want something to be done, we’ll take action on your behalf without ever revealing your details. If you just want someone to be aware of the situation, you can contact us completely anonymously and we’ll pass the information on. The important thing is not to do nothing!

You can contact BuDS by e-mailing [email protected] or calling 01494 568864 (24 hr confidential answerphone if not staffed). If you would like to contact us anonymously, please write to BuDS Hate Crime Reporting, The Clare Charity Centre, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, Bucks, HP14 4BF. We hope to have a secure anonymous reporting form on this page as soon as possible.

If you would like to report a disability hate crime direct to the police, call 101 or 999 if it is an emergency. Tell them it is a disability hate crime. You can also call the police Victim Support Unit on 0845 38 99 528 (24- hour answerphone).

There is useful information about Victim Support for people who have been the victim of hate crime here

You can learn more about local councils can help you with anti-social behaviour here

There is general advice about personal safety from Thames Valley police here