| Background:
| Background:
Home Disabled Facilities Grants

Disabled Facilities Grants

If you a need to make changes to your home to make it suitable for your needs, you could get a grant from your local district council. These might include widening doors and installing ramps; improving access to rooms and facilities through a stair lift or a downstairs bathroom; adapting controls to make them easier to use. Grants are available whether you live in your own property or in rented accommodation.  Depending upon your income and any savings, you may need to pay towards the cost of the work. (A contribution is not needed where the beneficiary is a disabled child or young person.)

In all cases, the first step is to get an assessment by Buckinghamshire County Council’s community occupational therapy department (tel: 01296 383204); or, if appropriate, Milton Keynes Adult Social Care Access Team (ASCAT) (tel: 01908 253772).  It is important that any grant is approved by the District Council (below) before any work to your home is carried out.

Further information and applications through the relevant district council.
Aylesbury Vale


South Bucks


Milton Keynes

Further general information about disabled facilities grants